Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a lovely day... :)

Today was such a great day! Nothing major happened, however I am just in a really great mood! Maybe that post yesterday helped me get a weight off my shoulders that needed to be lifted, not sure! Anyways, I am feeling great!

I started my morning off with Vegan Overnight Oats (thanks to Oh She Glows). They are so good I have been eating them the last couple of days for breakfast! I made a slightly modified version since I cannot seem to find chia seeds ANYWHERE in Paris, and I added some vanilla extract & cinnamon too. But they taste great!!

To make you need:

- 1/3 oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 small banana
- dash of cinnamon
- tiny dash of vanilla extract

Put the banana in a bowl and mash it up, then toss in the oats, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix it all up put in the fridge overnight. In the morning I added a tbsp of almond butter, and a tbsp of agave sweetener!! I LOVE AGAVE SWEETENER! I was addicted to it at home, and so it was one of the first things I searched for here!

This is what the finished product looked like (sorry its not a pretty photo... it tastes better than it looks lol!)

Then I went for a run in Parc Monceau after dropping the little one off at school, did 3 laps today rather than just 2, which made me happy! The Parc is about 1.04 kms (.64 miles), and my house & the school are about the same distance away. So running from the school, then to the house after added a bit more onto the trek making it about a 5.24km run (I am very happy with that considering I barley ran this summer and I didn't run too my my first 2 weeks here). So this week I have run Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday and plan on going again tomorrow and over the weekend! I am really enjoying it so far (if you are travelling to Paris and want to go running, check out Run.com for tons of different maps of routes in pretty much any city you can imagine!).

Post run/mid morning I had some lovely "apple cupcakes" again... another steal from Oh She Glows... only I did mine with cashew butter, and some unsweetened shredded coconut sprinkled on top :) YUM!

After doing some errands and making lunch for the little one, I made some lunch for myself... a little spinach, mushroom and egg scramble topped with some couscous mixed with olive oil (odd combo I thought, but delicious!!!).

Then I had a wonderful Skype date with both my brother, and my mom! These really made me feel great after the last few days of feeling a bit home sick. It was nice to chat with both of them and my mom and I had a really great conversation about my blog post from last night and how blogging is such a great outlet! Thanks mom :)

Anyways, after all of that I ended up at Parc Monceau with the little one after school for a play date with her friends. So I took my book (currently reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls), found a good bench and sat and read while the little lady played her heart out with her friends.

Now its time for some dinner, and a night to relax - no babysitting tonight which is nice! :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment