Saturday, August 28, 2010

I light a fire in my new shoes

Well, today is day 3 in Paris! I have gotten a lot of rest since I have arrived - with jet lag and such - and my first day being so long - I NEEDED IT! Last night it was tough to sleep. I was up until 3:30am watching TV online. Don't know what it was, but just couldn't sleep. However, got up in time to put out the garbage this morning (FYI - in Paris, garbage pick up is 2 days a week, one of them being Saturday... @ 8:00AM!!! ugh). Couldn't get back to sleep after that, so I decided to go for my first run in Paris. Now many of the blogs I read prior to my arrival indicated that you will rarely see locals running in Paris, its much more of a tourist thing... however, I learned quickly this morning where all the Parisians run... Parc de Monceau!! There were tonnnnnnns of people running there this morning. Now maybe that is because it is a Saturday, I am not sure, but those blogs are definitely WRONG! However, I did not notice many people running in the streets. I guess they like to run in circles around the beautiful parks in Paris, and who wouldn't!! It was honestly one of the most beautiful places to run. The photo above is simply of the entrance. Took it when I was with the children. Also a neat little thing... when I was on my way to the park, one of the streets I would normally take was shut down do to a movie being filmed there! Which is really cool! I don't know what show it was, but the side streets were filled with black transport trailers and black wires all taped along the sidewalks, with large cameras, and props! So that was pretty cool!!
Anyway, beyond that, my day is going to consist of some shopping and wandering!
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment